- Egg breaker &separator, Egg cleaning machine, egg cracking/knocking machine ›
- News about egg washing machines and egg breaker ›
- Precautions for Hen Egg Process
Eggs are one of the most common foods in life, and there are many ways to eat them. However, if the processing method is improper, it is easy to cause food-borne diseases such as food poisoning.
Why do eggs cause food poisoning?
1. Eggs are eaten raw or not thoroughly cooked (including the case of using raw eggs to make a sandwich with homemade mayonnaise).
2. Contamination during storage after cooking (such as excessive storage time, cross-contamination of food caused by the unsanitary operation of personnel, etc.).
Because salmonella (one of the pathogenic bacteria) may be present in egg shells or egg liquids, incompletely cooked foods can cause salmonella to multiply and cause bacterial food poisoning.
For catering service providers, in order to ensure the safety of the majority of diners, they must comply with the following requirements and standardize operations.
The purchased eggs and other raw materials should have a legal source, claim evidence and invoices in accordance with the law, and keep the proof of each purchase for inspection by the supervisory department and food safety traceability.
2. Purchase acceptance
It should be checked whether the appearance of poultry eggs is complete and fresh, and the poultry eggs of unknown origin and suspected deterioration should be rejected.
Store in a cool ventilated place, and conditionally refrigerate. Each purchase should be used up within a week.
4. Temporary storage
(1) Unwashed eggs shall not be stored in the cooking area or cooking console.
(2) The storage and processing of egg raw materials, semi-finished products, and finished products should be strictly separated. The tools and containers for egg raw materials, livestock meat raw materials, and poultry raw materials should be used separately.
(3) The mixed egg liquid should be used up as soon as possible.
5. Clean the shell before processing
According to the requirements of “Food Safety Operation Regulations for Catering Services”, the shells should be cleaned and disinfected if necessary. Broken eggs should be stored separately in temporary storage containers. After confirming that the eggs have not deteriorated, they should be combined for storage.
For foods containing eggs that need to be cooked or reheated, the eggs should be cooked thoroughly until the yolk and egg whites are completely solidified.
7. Special circumstances
For example, Western-style cakes and other processes that require the production of instant mayonnaise (Mayonnaise) must be pre-packaged food mayonnaise that has been sterilized. The supplier should have a production license certificate and national food safety standards for eggs and egg products containing “Salmonella”. Qualification report.
After making hot foods, store them at room temperature (8-60°C) until the time before consumption does not exceed 2 hours.
Egg-containing foods of cold food should be refrigerated and displayed below 8°C to avoid cross-contamination and be sold or eaten as soon as possible.
9. Prohibited behavior
Schools, nurseries, and other catering service providers are not allowed to serve raw eggs or eggs that have not been thoroughly cooked as ready-to-eat food.
Eggs are delicious, but if the processing method is improper, it will cause poisoning and harm to the body after eating. Both ordinary citizens and catering service providers must pay attention to it.