- Egg breaker &separator, Egg cleaning machine, egg cracking/knocking machine ›
- News about egg washing machines and egg breaker ›
- How to Make Tea Leaf Eggs
Homemade tea leaf eggs, through the tempering of time, the flavors of tea leaf and various spices are slowly immersed in the eggs. One by one, light brown tea leaf eggs float in the savory soup. Slowly simmered delicious, often contains the kind of wonderful flavor full of ritual, let’s take a look at how to make tea leaf eggs.
Homemade tea leaf egg ingredients
Ingredients: 10 eggs; 10 grams of black tea
Excipients: appropriate amount of salt; the appropriate amount of soy sauce; the appropriate amount of star anise, cinnamon, and bay leaves
Homemade tea leaf eggs
1. Wash the eggs, put the eggs in cold water in the pot.
2. Cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes and remove. (You can add a spoonful of salt to the pot to solidify the egg whites that may be broken.)
3. Remove the boiled eggs and soak them in cold water for a while.
4. Then gently crack the eggshell. (Keep the eggshell cracked but connected completely.)
5. Re-add 7 minutes full of cold water to the pot, and put the broken eggs into the pot. Add star anise, cinnamon, bay leaves, tea leaf, dark soy sauce, salt, and bring to a boil. (If you want the tea leaf egg to be saltier, you can add more salt or light soy sauce, soy sauce is mainly for coloring.)
6. Bring to a boil, turn to low heat, and simmer for about 1 hour. Watch the egg whites darken in color, and turn off the heat when you smell the aroma. (You can also cook for a while, the longer you cook it, the more delicious it will be. After cooking, soak in the pot overnight before taking it out to taste, the flavor will be more delicious.)
7. Don’t rush out the cooked tea leaf eggs. It is best to soak them in a pot overnight before taking them out for the most delicious taste.
Homemade tea leaf egg cooking tips
1) The choice of tea leaf. It is best to use dark tea such as black tea, Pu’er, Dahongpao, etc. Green tea such as Longjing is not recommended. (Black tea is rich and mellow without bitter taste. The boiled tea leaf egg has a strong aroma and bright color. In addition, black tea does not hurt the stomach, because black tea is fermented and baked, the content of tea polyphenols in the tea will be reduced, The corresponding irritation to the stomach becomes less.)
2) If you want the tea leaf egg to taste more delicious, break the egg before cooking, or put it in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it after cooking.